Automotive Duty - U-Frame Motors
Lincoln Takes "Automotive Duty" to a New Level
Ultimate E® cast iron U-Frame motors provide premium energy-efficiency and outstanding performance. Our "P" efficiency code models comply with the efficiency requirements of the United States and Canada for general purpose T-Frame industrial motors. All models deliver new levels of versatility and reliability.
More Overload Capability
- "P" efficiency models meet or exceed General Motors GM-7EH and GM-7EQ, Ford EM-1 and Chrysler NPEM-100 specifications. "G" efficiency models meet GM-7EQ.
- 3-year warranty on sine-wave power.
- Made in the U.S.A.
With a design specification exceeding 1.15 Service Factor at 40°C ambient on sine-wave power, Ultimate E U-Frame motors provide peace of mind in uncertain situations. Peak loads, worst-case scenarios, whatever comes their way, these motors deliver the overload assurance to let you rest easy. Motors are also nameplated for 1.00 Service Factor, 65°C ambient.
Cool Running Motors Mean Exceptional Life
Heat kills motors. A cool-running motor lasts longer because its insulation lasts longer. Most Ultimate E U-Frame motors have an operating temperature way below the capacity of their premium Class F Plus insulation system. In other words, these motors stay within a 25°C to 65°C temperature rise at rated horsepower even though the insulation system can withstand 115°C. The result? Because every 10°C drop in operating temperature doubles the expected life of the insulation system, these motors will still be running long after the others have quit.
Vary the Speed, Keep the Motor; Reap the Benefits
Lincoln Ultimate E U-Frame motors are Inverter-Rated for use with any brand drive, at any drive-to-motor distance and at any carrier frequency. Filters and other power conditioning devices are never required.
- "P" efficiency codes have a continuous duty constant torque speed range of 6 to 60 Hz (10:1) and variable torque speed range of 3 to 60 Hz (20:1). Warranty is 2 years when operated on PWM power.
- "G" efficiency codes have continuous duty constant torque speed range of 15 to 60 Hz (4:1) and variable torque speed range of 6 to 60 Hz (10:1). Warranty is 1 year when operated on PWM power.
- Ultra-rugged cast iron frame designs available 180 frame and above
- Cast iron fan shroud on 324U frame and larger
- Oversized, fully gasketed, cast iron terminal box provides excellent protection from the environment. Also includes a threaded conduit entry hole for easy power connection.
- Every rotor assembly is dynamically balanced for low vibration.
- Larger bearings on over 85% of the frame sizes (compared to previous design) yield longer, more dependable service life. A v-ring shaft seal further protects the premium quality double-shielded ball bearings.
- All critical dimensions of the stator frame, end brackets and shaft are machined to precise tolerances for minimal run-out.
- Lower noise designs improve plant sound quality
- NEMA Design B performance
- Premium Class F Plus Insulation System
- Every motor is surge tested at 4500 V and ground tested at 3400 V before it is packaged. These tests are very demanding - only the best engineered and built motors can survive.
- UL Recognized Component Listing and CSA approval.