Compact Bravo Worm Gear Reducers
BravoDesigners and manufacturers of commercial and industrial machinery targeting compact and lightweight products welcome the Bravo® worm reducers as an alternative to traditional cast iron units. Bravo® reducers weigh up to two-thirds less and are one-third smaller than comparable cast iron designs. With hollow output shafts as standard, extremely compact and cost effective drive solutions are easy to achieve.
Using a unique modular construction, a variety of accessory mountings are possible without disassembling the reducer including foot kits, reaction arms, output flanges and shaft kits. Bravo® reducers are now available with IEC motorized inputs and metric outputs, which makes them an excellent replacement of popular reducers such as Bonfiglioli, Motovario, STM, SITI and more.
- Vent Free Design. No breather or vents to leak! Factory lubricated for life with synthetic, semi-fluid gear lubricant with an operating range of +5°F to +220°F (-15°C to +104°C).
- NEMA C flange with quill input accepts 56C, 143-5TC and 182-4TC motor frames. B5 & B14 IEC metric flange options with quill input accepts D56, D63, D71, D80, D90, D100 and D112 motor frames.
- Hollow output shaft mounting is standard at no extra cost. Reduces total drive envelope size, weight and cost. Solid shaft single and double output is available.
- Single-piece aluminum alloy housing is vacuum impregnated with Resinol RT (MIL-STD 276) for protection and sealing. No secondary finish required but readily accepts paint. Combines light weight with high tensile strength. Precision machined for alignment of bearings and gearing.
- Oversized bearings support positively retained, high speed shaft for higher shock load capacity — ideal for frequent starting and reversing applications. Premium, Nitrile® high temperature seals each end.
- Single-piece alloy steel input shaft and worm shaft. High helix angle worm is case-hardened (Rc 58-60), ground, teeth are profiled and radiused, for noise reduction and enhanced efficiency. Bronze alloy worm gear is centrifugally cast onto an iron hub for maximum strength, lubricity and superior life. Oversized bearings for radial load capability and maximum hollow output shaft diameters.
- Premium, high-temperature Nitrile® output seals. Impregnated and machined bearing caps with exterior machined surfaces mate to a variety of mounting accessories. Extra-deep thread engagement provided for greater support strength. Zinc plated hardware. No need to remove bearing covers to mount/change accessory kits.